Starting something new is always challenging, especially when you’re launching a new website, whether it’s for business or personal use. If you want your website to be successful, you need to continuously learn about search engine optimization because SEO trends keep changing daily.
Find out more about the best SEO tips in our guide below, which is ideal for anyone who wants to launch a prosperous website in 2021!
1. Pick the Right Domain Name
If you still haven’t landed on a perfect domain name, here are some tips you should keep in mind when picking one:
• Keep it simple—A domain name shouldn’t be convoluted or overly complex. Keep it short and sweet, because search engines favor this approach.
• Make it memorable—Your domain should stand out in a sea of generic, easy-to-forget names. Puns, buzzwords, and hip language can get people talking about and accepting your brand. For example, Adidas Yeezy’s came out in 2007 and became an instant hit. They were named after ‘Yeezus’ himself (Kanye West), who collaborated with the German company to design the shoes.
• Ensure it is related to your business—You should also make sure your domain name makes sense. If you’re starting a law firm, James & Co. sounds much better than Jimmy’s (the latter is more suited for a fast-food chain)
2. Envision a Rough Outline of Your Website
Every website has dozens of elements that make it work, and they also boost the SEO ratings. These clickable parts of a website should have a clear purpose, so avoid adding anything that’s not necessary or relevant.
The most prominent sections of a website map that can be included in any new website are:
• The home page or the main page of your website, which should be as clean and efficient as possible, because it serves as the backbone for the whole site
• An about page briefly describing yourself and your business
• A contact page with all your business details, such as an address, phone number, email address
• A page with a list of services you or your company provides
• Each of the services can be subdivided into categories if applicable (e.g., your law firm may offer consulting, representation, preparing legal documents, mediation, etc.)
• A newsletter subscription option (a must-have for blogs)
3. Choose Whether You’ll Build the Site Yourself or Not
Deciding whether to use a website builder or hire the pros to build your site can be difficult. It largely depends on your budget and experience. If you’re paying someone else to build your website, you can opt-in for an in-between solution—they build the base and give you the keys to using it through a content management system, and later you add your content. If you’re a DIY type of person, you can use many free or paid website tools after learning about them online. This method takes more time, but once you get the hang of it, you can create additional websites virtually free of cost. However, the fastest way to a new website is to pay up and let someone else do the job for you.
4. Prepare the Essential Content Necessary for Starting a Website
Content is another important aspect of SEO, and all the basic pages we mentioned (e.g. home page) will need to be filled with substance. The content for these site elements doesn’t need to be changed regularly, so if you make it spot-on, it will be one item crossed from the list.
Before you can make content, you need to research the keywords, your audience, and their needs. You can do so with online tools, but again, it will be easier if you hire a professional digital marketing agency.
5. Make Sure Your Website Is User-Friendly
Try to place yourself in your audiences’ shoes. Would you waste time on a lousy website? If the answer is no, here are some tips to help you make your website more user-friendly:
1 – Meticulously categorize each element of your website
2 – Include keywords on every page for the dedicated product, service, or information you’re providing
3 – Place links to related pages on your or external websites
4 – Make search bars that allow anyone browsing to narrow down the results, which is especially important for larger websites with many pages
5 – You must add a call-to-action if you want to direct visitors to do something (e.g. ‘Sign up for our service and reap the benefits today!’)
6. Focus on the SEO, Not Just Your Content
A person with limited SEO knowledge may assume that content is the most important element, however, that’s not true. The basic elements of on-site SEO include:
• Extensive keyword research and insertion of those keywords in the correct places
• Writing meta descriptions and titles that grab attention straight away
• Linking, whether it is inbound or outbound, needs to be strategic and effective
Some of the most important off-site SEO includes:
• Improving your backlink portfolio by linking to popular, contemporary, and trustworthy websites
• Use third-party marketing skills, such as influencer and social media marketing, brand mentions, and guest blogging
On and off-site SEO is largely codependent, so divide your attention between them, instead of focusing on just the one, because your goal should be ranking well on search engine results pages (SERPs), which can only be achieved by ticking off all the checkmarks.
7. Optimize and Expand the Website
Besides the initial content, you will need to continuously update your website for it to grow. You’ll also need to optimize your website elements and change them continuously by following the current SEO trends.
Make sure all your posts and site elements are clutter-free, to-the-point, and allow for optimal conversion rates. Don’t disregard any part of the audience. It’s crucial to make your website mobile-friendly because over 90% of the global population uses mobile devices for browsing.
8. Use Google Analytics To Track Your SEO Results
Even people who understand how SEO works can’t estimate the results by themselves. They use tools such as Google Analytics to get insight on the number, behavior, and conversions by their website’s visitors.
This tool is great because you can use it for free—you only need to sign up. The statistics it provides are detailed, e.g., you can determine the time a visitor spends on your site, where they are from, etc.
Knowing about these trends can help you better understand your target audience, their preferences, but also what drives them away from your website.
9. Keep Learning About SEO
SEO is fascinating because it’s constantly evolving. You need to follow the trends if you want your website to be profitable. The best way to do so is by following SEO experts on social media, reading the industry blogs, and watching tutorials.
You need to keep up if you want your website to stay relevant because those who disregard SEO will never reach the top pages of Google and other search engines.
Starting a website is challenging, but our SEO tips will give you the edge you need to stay ahead of the competition! You can rely on our SEO strategies and continuous support that will help your journey to digital success.